Water is a chimney's worst enemy. Chimney leaks, fireplace leaks, and water damage may be from exterior water intrusion caused by no chimney cap, crown cracks & deterioration, mortar joint deterioration, cracking in the masonry construction, flashing & roof leaks, shoulder slab gaps, foundation cracking, and/or flue gas condensation (over or under sized chimney liners).
Masonry water damage caused by chimney leaks is sometimes a slow, subtle process. Chimney leaks are often not evident until it has become quite serious.
Protect your investment from chimney leaks:
- Have professional grade chimney caps installed.
- Repair or replace a damaged chimney crown.
- Repair deteriorated brick & mortar joints.
- Repair or replace a leaky flashing.
- Have your chimney waterproofed!
Call Superior Chimney Services, Corp. today at 877-CHIM-FIX (877-244-6349). We will answer your questions and schedule a time to inspect your chimney.